Branding describes the maintenance of your business’ public appearance. It’s really not rocket science, it’s just about developing a strong brand (logo, strapline, etc.) and making sure it is always used the same way. Branding, combined with good marketing, keeps your company name in the minds of those you’re looking to attract.
Branding for Business
I’ll bet a shiny new penny that you would instantly recognise the brands of McDonalds and Coca Cola. The famous golden ‘M’ and the red and white script are instantly known all over the world. Those two examples may not be too relevant to your business, but the point is the same.
Maintaining a strong brand is important. Make sure the images you use are of good quality – I too often see company logos in an utterly dreadful state, poor quality, pixelated or adulterated. Put simply, if your online presence looks shabby, it makes you company look shabby.
If often saddens me when a potential client tells me “You can get my logo off Facebook”. It tells me the person isn’t too interested in their brand and is happy for me to take an often home-produced and very small piece of artwork.
What is ‘Branding’?
Branding refers to the process of creating a unique identity and image for a company, product, or service. It involves the development of a name, design, symbols, or other features that distinguish it from other products and services, and enables customers to recognize and remember it.
The goal of branding is to create a strong and positive perception in the minds of customers, and establish trust and loyalty.
How Would I Develop a Strong Brand?
To develop a strong and effective brand, you can follow these steps:
- Define your brand: Start by understanding your brand values, mission, and target audience. This will help you to create a clear and consistent brand identity.
- Conduct market research: Study your competition and understand what sets your brand apart. Find out what your target audience wants and needs, and use that information to develop your brand positioning.
- Create a unique brand name and visual identity: Your brand name and visual identity should be memorable, unique, and easy to recognize. Consider using a logo, colour scheme, and font that reflects your brand values and personality.
- Establish a consistent brand voice: Your brand voice should reflect your values and target audience, and be consistent across all communication channels.
- Build brand awareness: Spread the word about your brand through advertising, public relations, and other marketing efforts. Engage with your target audience through social media and other channels, and collect customer feedback to continuously improve your brand.
- Stay consistent: Consistency is key in building a strong brand. Ensure that all your marketing materials, products, and services align with your brand identity and values.
Remember, branding is an ongoing process, and you should regularly review and update your brand strategy to stay relevant and meet the evolving needs of your target audience.
Branding as Part of a Comprehensive Online Campaign
Once your brand, your set of logos, straplines and other devices are ready, I can produce professional online and offline marketing campaigns. Each advert, either on the internet, or conventional methods will have a consistent look and feel. If it’s possible, this should continue to other media items, like invoices, menus, price lists, etc., so your brand remains intact.
Online Marketing from FreeAssortment
Marketing & advertising have always been about connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today, that means you need to meet them where they are already spending time: on the internet.
Simply, digital marketing is a form of marketing for promoting and selling products or services on the Internet. It’s the process of using different online marketing channels like search engines, social media networks, and email to reach your target audience.
Of course, there are still many ‘conventional’ advertising mediums available, newspapers & magazines, even TV. However, your marketing and advertising really can’t afford to ignore the internet. Stand out online!
Web Development & Digital Marketing
Read more about the services I can offer.
- Web Development – Everything you Need to Gain a Strong Foothold on the Internet
- WordPress – A Robust and Flexible Website Platform
- WooCommerce – The ‘De-Facto’ Platform for E-Commerce
- Content & SEO – Copywriting for Professional & Unique Web Pages
- Digital Marketing –
- Google Ads – The Most Widely Used Advertising Network
- Google ‘My Business’ – It’s Free and it Works
- Email Marketing with MailChimp – Monthly Reminders of Why they Should Buy from You!